Saturday, September 5, 2009

If you heard bad things about me....


Have you talked with your neighbors, family or friends lately
I've been trying to do that more lately...
People heard things...
Did you hear about those guys that killed 211.

By the way, you should have a wonderful memory to remember that many crimes.

Well, one neighbor told me that one of those guys worked just around the corner, at a tortilla factory. Says the also worked at other place just to earn more income, but it was surprised to hear he killed that many people.

Could be?

A while ago a friend told me that certain government official was appointed to a big position (I am so coward to give names) just to see if he can negotiate with the drug cartel, because he wanted the State of Chihuahua to suffer the same fate as in Colombia, that the federal government has not been acting so in can affect the state electoral process of 2010

Could be?

On Thursday I took the bus to my job, and there was a 70 year old man, white hair, talking about the killing of the 18 young men killed at a drug rehab center the night before. He also talked about the weather, and also that the government does nothing right, except for fucking the people...he said that close to his house a young junkie was killed,and that the soldiers only said one less to worried about.

Could be?

Then I heard about Reyes Ferriz, Juarez mayor, was showing of that he was solving the violence problem, asking the army not to leave town. I wonder if he knows what means to live in this city. A friend from high school told me her parents are his neighbors in El Paso Texas, on the other side of the Rio Grande, and that they call him Joe. (Joe Kings Happy?)

Could be?

It is said the President Calderon was fighting the small drug traffic that happens specially at the schools.

I don't see nothing

All I see is 6 local police men detaining a couple of junkies that can hardly be on their feet and a couple of blocks ahead a young drug dealer selling handful of cocaine doses...at plain day light...Cops and soldiers are close...don't see nothing?

Denounce? No, of course not. Family and friends are at risk. Who can I trust? What authority? The one that live in El Paso? or at the state Capital? or at Mexico City? of maybe the one in Washington?...To much to ask right...

Seems like the only choice is to get together as citizens of this city, to ask for the state to do their job...not easy I know...And really risky...

Still, I see people doing more and more...Maybe I am a foolish optimistic, but I see more and more people worried and busy to do something...to do the right thing.

Maybe there are more on this

Could be?

Have faith

No comments: