Saturday, February 13, 2010

Last wish

Lots of things had happen in the last weeks here...the turmoil created by the violence here has reached a point where people are really trying to make a something...at somepoint this has touched everyone in some level...lost two friends that I knew from years, have watched people killed in front of my eyes, mothers crushed by the lost of their children...Death is around us...
A friend of mine just sent me a poem written to the Death,as if we wanted to ask her to stop her work here. Maybe just a last wish, just to these non-sense to stop.

IF THE DEATH

BY Miguel Huezo Mixco

If the death comes and asks for me
please tell her
to return tomorrow
that I have not canceled my debts yet
have not finished a poem
have not said goodbye to anyone
have not packed my things for the journey
have not delivered a promise
have not locked my drawer
have not said what I must say to my friends
have not smelled the unborn rose yet
have not revived my roots
have not written the last letter
and I have not washed my hands yet
have not known my child
have not started to walk to unknown countries
have not navigated the seven seas
have not heard the sailor's song
If the Death comes
please tell her that I understand
and if she can wait,
that I have not given my girlfriend the last kiss
that I have not shaken my hand with my family's
have not removed the dust from the books
have not whistled the favority song
have not reconciled with the enemies
tell her I have not proved suicide
have not seen my people free
tell her, if she comes, to come back tomorrow
that is not that I am afraid of her but
I have not started to walk the road yet.

No comments: