Sunday, July 5, 2009

A GREAT MAN


During all my life, I have always, or almost always, written about women and love. So to write about men is difficult and you might say awkward. But some days ago talking with someone very special to me, we discuss on the matter of how men really are and I expressed to her some of my thoughts. I told her that I conceive happiness to be the fundamental part of the success, being this one a stage of the soul and the spirit and not an objective. Therefore she questioned how men really are. Making my own reflections with the little or much lived experience that I think I have on my 35 years, I deduced that:
A man is that one with a spirit and soul that gains with his actions the respect of the people is around him; a great man worries about his partner leaving aside his own ego; a great man feeds his partner spiritually and encourages her to do her best; a great man accepts her the way she is instead of criticizing or changing her; a great man sees her true beauty, not just the ephemeral, that beauty that goes with time, but the true beauty of the human being, the one in her soul, her heart and her feelings. A great man is clear as water, and shows his feelings without fear and he is not shamed to cry his pain; a great man walks head high, and if he lies, you can tell immediately when you look at his eyes; a great man makes an effort every day to obtain everything for her, shares everything with her, even his life and his memories, she is everything for him; a great man knows for sure how much she is worth, just by the single fact to she is with him.
Ah, what I give to be that great man!!!

No comments: